I was browsing Facebook today doing the usual (What else? Stalking people, of course! Hehehe! Just kidding!) when I noticed one of my friends posting a really interesting picture that said “The official pictures of Sony’s “NGP”.” word by word. I was like, what the hell is the NGP? Taking a closer look I saw what looked like a PSP with two analog sticks! Awesome? Hell yeah!
I went ahead to Engadget to search for the NGP and found this article. Having a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor and a PowerVR SGX543MP4+ GPU, it’s one of the most powerful handheld devices to date. Other specs include:
- A 5″ OLED display with 960 x 544 pixel resolution with touch (I haven’t confirmed it yet but it’s most likely a capacitive multi-touch interface)
- External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection). Some might think it’s huge (and ugly), but I actually like that size. I find it beautiful too. If I had a girlfriend right now she’d be jealous!
- A capacitive rear touchpad (multi-touch, of course)
- A front and rear camera
- Stereo speakers and a built-in mic
- A plethora of sensors including a three-axis gyroscope, a three-axis accelerometer and an three-axis electronic compass
- A built-in GPS receiver as well as WiFi location service support
- The usual d-pad, start, select and action buttons, a PS button, left and right shoulder buttons, real dual analog sticks (not like the nub from the former gen) with button-action when pressed, and of course the volume and power buttons
- A new flash-based game media. I currently have no idea how it looks like
- 3G, Wireless-N (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
Well, that sums up what I know about the device. Will post more details as I get them.